Watch Preview

Kamen Rider V3
DVD Box Set

Watch Preview

Kikaida 01 DVD
Box Set

Watch Preview

ONLINE STORE

CELEBRATE KIKAIDA'S 40TH ANNIVERSARY IN HAWAII!

For the month of April, buy any DVD Box Set and get the Kikaida 01 DVD Box Set for 50% off!

Generation Kikaida Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's your Favorite episode?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Saburo
Mitsuko
Mitsuko

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 10:46 am    Post subject: Ramblings Reply with quote

sokubo wrote:
I mean, after awhile, you knew Mitsuko had feelings for Jiro, but what I found interesting was how Jiro and even Kikaida (like the tears Kikaida shed when he had to destroy Gold Wolf) would show some emotion, too.

I spliced together a montage of the episode trailers for my friend recently. While watching we discussed the usual stuffs, like the evolution of the series. I'm starting to formulate a theory on the Gold Wolf and Silver Cat episodes, how they kind of stand out in the first arc.

My friend always used to say that there was no reason for Kikaida to grieve for Gold Wolf.

And is it my imagination or were the "other" songs on the Kikaida record played only once in the series, like only during the Hakaida episodes? My friend asked about the flute song and I remember it being played only once when he was choking Komyoji. Same for the other tunes (and y'all know which ones I mean).

For this reason, I totally discount the counting song (when were they gonna play THAT one in the show?). In fact, they should have put the Kozure Okami song on the record and left that one out. My friend is fond of torturing me with that tune.

So what's the next graduate thesis @ UH (Univ. of Hawaii, not Unknown Hero) on Kikaida going to be?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Kewalaka
Sidemachine
Sidemachine

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't agree with your friend concerning Gold Wolf. If Gold Wolf's conscious circuit had been a little more complete Gold Wolf would have been fighing against the Dark. Also if Violet Top (or Turbo) Shell hadn't been bullied by two other Dark monsters "she" may have gotten a conscious circuit. I guess that's a lesson about not giving into peer pressure.

I like all the songs on the CD, including the counting song. Most of the time it's the non-vocal versions of the songs that are used in the tv shows, not the vocal versions. For example one of my favorite scenes in Kamen Rider Stronger features the non-vocal (aka Karaoke) version of "Our Brother Jou, Shigeru". I'm not sure the vocal version (Mizuki, Ichiro) was ever used. I recall hearing the karoake version of "My 'S' Mark Shines On My Chest" in an episode but not the vocal version (Horie, Mitsuko). There's a Shimon, Masato recording that was never used in the show, "Look!! Masked Rider Stronger", but it's on the CD. Interestingly, there is also a Mizuki, Ichiro rendition of the same song on the CD.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Generation Kikaida Forum Index -> Kikaida All times are GMT - 10 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: